Home Forums 16 to 1 Mine Miscellaneous

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 1,030 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi,
    I’m changing the topic a little bit, but this is Miscellaneous so I figured its ok.
    I didn’t realize there was a new website until I received my latest annual report in the mail this weekend. Perhaps I missed this before but I am here now.
    Registering for this forum was really hard, but I finally managed to figure out how its done.

So far the forum looks nice.

Michael Miller
    Participant

At least four timber harvest plans were completed on our properties in Alleghany, about every twenty years. The harvester marks the trees under direction of thinning for sustainable harvests. A plan is under construction for a harvest this spring (depending on weather and ground conditions).

Four years ago I sponsored an understory reduction effort in the community. It must happen again in 2019. The crippling forest fires are a result of forty five years of mismanagement by federal foresters. Sincere but wrongful pressures have been placed on the regulators, politicians and the logging industry.

Let’s have some forest improvement week ends next year in Alleghany. The help will really be appreciated since Alleghany is surrounded by national forest land. Clearing understory and cutting the low branches of the trees are labor intensive hand work but very satisfying. May 2019 will be the beginning. Everyone: mark your calendar and lend a hand. Alleghany, the last working gold mining camp in California is worth saving.

cody washburn
    Participant

Does the mine plan to harvest any timber next year? Did you log this year (or in the past)?

I certainly hope it does not happen, but if a fire came through…

cody washburn
    Participant

This has nothing to do with the 16 to 1, but still very interesting.

I just read a great new book, called “The Bonanza King” by Gregory Crouch. It tells the story of John Mackay, and his silver mines in the Virginia City/Carson City areas, Nevada. The author goes into great detail describing the various silver mines there. The numbers were staggering, and it is truly amazing what they were able to do back then. (one mine used 52 cords of wood per MONTH, and 200,000 feet of timbers!!) Many mining techniques used to this day were invented in these Comstock Lode area mines.

I highly recommend the book for anyone interested in underground mining techniques and history.

Karl Doll
    Participant
    Michael Miller
    Participant

Irwin has a substantial mining history. Perhaps it started building equipment used in the California gold mines but today the size of the equipment I see on the website is larger than rail equipment typical in California high-grade operations operating or planned. A ten to thirty ton ore car could be efficient over long haulage underground but it will come at a very excessive and unwise cost: heavier rail, wider passageways and high energy locomotives.

Perhaps an engineer will suggest this equipment to a new project where no use of old workings is under consideration. The down time and expense of retro fitting old workings is not advisable.

The Sixteen uses one ton and two ton ore cars in different applications and the use is very practical. The locomotive pulling the two ton runs well on the 20 pound track and is much larger than the trammers in use now. I will keep an open eye for any Irwin equipment used in the past.

Fred Cain
    Participant

MINES WITH TRACKS

I was “Googling” for “underground mining cars” and stumbled across a website for the Irwin Car Company. Has anyone on our group heard of them?

I wonder who is buying this equipment and how many people are using it. I sent them an e-mail but have yet to get a response. I hate to take up too much of their time since I obviously won’t be buying any of it!

I was wondering, is this something that the Original 16 to 1 Mine could use? Looks expensive, though. 🙁

Copy and paste this URL to your browser for more information:

http://www.irwincar.com/irwin-rail-products.php

Regards,
    Fred M. Cain

SCOOP
    Participant

Please send an email to original1621@gmail.com to receive a formatted copy of the 10-K

Hans Kummerow
    Participant

The German Bundesbank is currently shifting appr. 1000 tons of gold from US vaults to a newly built German vault.

While they are at it they might want to by your one ton of gold too. All gold from the US is being melted down and recast to make sure there are no tungsten cores or other little unplesant surprises.

Please send your offer to Deutsche Bundesbank, Frankfurt, Germany. They are a very serious and reliable buyer. And after the deal is completed please send my commision to Origsix. I donate it.

Michael Miller
    Participant

Below is a first time entry from someone most likely a scam. I leave it because these great buys have been offered to me for over thirty years. All are scams, so BEWARE. I can sell gold any time atr spot price… no penalties. I’m reasonable positive that all or most other gold producers can do the same. So, Global Refine Miners, why will you sell a Kg of 22karat gold for $25,000 when I can sell it for $39,432.89? Ain’t life grand!

Brian harold
    Participant

we have available in stock good quantity of gold ready for export and searching for overseas partners or buyers. Our gold is 22+ carats 95% to 98.5% purity , since we are the head of local village miners we want only serious and reliable buyers to contact us. We are ready to give commission to anyone who connects us with reliable buyers. The gold will be accompanied with the follow documents
    Description.
    AU Gold Dore Bars,Nuggets,Gold Dust.
    98.4% Purity
    22+ carats
    25,000$ Per Kg
    980kgs Available Now.
    Mr Brian harold (CEO)
    GLOBAL REFINE MINERS
    Email : grantswell0@gmail.com

Stephen Wilson
    Participant

From Martin Armstrong:

Governments are targeting safe-deposit boxes to look for cash that is hiding from taxation. HSBC, a U.K. bank, is now moving against claimed financial crimes by altering conditions for safe-deposit boxes. This is becoming a global trend. Anything of value that is stored in a safe-deposit box is now considered money laundering. Governments want their taxes and all the laws are changing to ensure they get their money.

Stephen Wilson
    Participant

The largest gold nugget ever unearthed came from Dunolly, Victoria, Australia on February 5, 1869. The Welcome Stranger Nugget weighed 150 pounds or 2315.5 troy ounces. Although a large nugget was found in Brazil, almost all of the world’s large nuggets come from Australia and Sierra County here in California. In 1869, a 1893 ounce nugget was found in Sierra City and earlier in 1860 a 1593 ounce nugget was found in about the same location.

In the 1930’s and 40’s several nuggets were extracted from the recently sold Ruby Drift Mine ranging in weight from 30 up to 52 ounces in the Alleghany Mining District. In the 1854 to 1862 period 12 nuggets were pulled from the Yankee Claim in the county weighing from 30 to 170 troy ounces.

Some of the biggest nuggets ever found were sent to the smelter and today only about a dozen over 500 ounces still exist.

Were all found in the 1800’s and later? Don’t bet on it. The richest land in the world for finding large nuggets only comes from two places, Victoria, Australia and the mining districts of Sierra County. What better place to search for gold than in these two areas that Mother Nature impregnated with so much already discovered gold and who knows how much more she continues to hold? It is wondered, how many more millions of ounces of gold are yet to me mined, especially in the Alleghany Mining District?

Stephen Wilson
    Participant

Informative History Channel presentation of the Myoneng Mine in South Africa, the world’s deepest gold mine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ihe_bb4n-Q

Allen D Hall
    Participant

I recently learned about this statute, EVERYONE needs to know and understand this statute, it can even apply to county officials, and judges.

Title 18, U.S.C., Section 241
    Conspiracy Against Rights
    This statute makes it unlawful for two or more persons to conspire to injure, oppress, threaten, or intimidate any person of any state, territory or district in the free exercise or enjoyment of any right or privilege secured to him/her by the Constitution or the laws of the United States, (or because of his/her having exercised the same).
    It further makes it unlawful for two or more persons to go in disguise on the highway or on the premises of another with the intent to prevent or hinder his/her free exercise or enjoyment of any rights so secured.
    Punishment varies from a fine or imprisonment of up to ten years, or both; and if death results, or if such acts include kidnapping or an attempt to kidnap, aggravated sexual abuse or an attempt to commit aggravated sexual abuse, or an attempt to kill, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned for any term of years, or for life, or may be sentenced to death.
    This statute makes it a crime for any person acting under color of law, statute, ordinance, regulation, or custom to willfully deprive or cause to be deprived from any person those rights, privileges, or immunities secured or protected by the Constitution and laws of the U.S.
    This law further prohibits a person acting under color of law, statute, ordinance, regulation or custom to willfully subject or cause to be subjected any person to different punishments, pains, or penalties, than those prescribed for punishment of citizens on account of such person being an alien or by reason of his/her color or race.
    Acts under “color of any law” include acts not only done by federal, state, or local officials within the bounds or limits of their lawful authority, but also acts done without and beyond the bounds of their lawful authority; provided that, in order for unlawful acts of any louis vuitton replica official to be done under “color of any law,” the unlawful acts must be done while such official is purporting or pretending to act in the performance of his/her official duties. This definition includes, in addition to law enforcement officials, individuals such as Mayors, Council persons, Judges, Nursing Home Proprietors, Security Guards, etc., persons who are bound by laws, statutes ordinances, or customs.
    Punishment varies from a fine or imprisonment of up to one year, or both, and if bodily injury results or if such acts include the use, attempted use, or threatened use of a dangerous weapon, explosives, or fire shall be fined or imprisoned up to ten years or both, and if death results, or if such acts include kidnapping or an attempt to kidnap, aggravated sexual abuse or an attempt to commit aggravated sexual abuse, or an attempt to kill, shall be fined under this title, or imprisoned for any term of years or for life, or both, or may be sentenced to death.

a) A voter, or person qualifying to vote…;
    b) a participant in any benefit, service, privilege, program, facility, or activity provided or administered by the United States;
    c) an applicant for federal employment or an employee by the federal government;
    d) a juror or prospective juror in federal court; and
    e) a participant in any program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance.
    2) Prohibits willful injury, intimidation, or interference or attempt to do so, by force or threat of force of any person because of race, color, religion, or national origin and because of his/her activity as:
    a) A student or applicant for admission to any public school or public college;
    b) a participant in any benefit, service, privilege, program, facility, or activity provided or administered by a state or local government;
    c) an applicant for private or state employment, private or state employee; a member or applicant for membership in any labor organization or hiring hall; or an applicant for employment through any employment agency, labor organization or hiring hall;
    d) a juror or prospective juror in state court;
    e) a traveler or user of any facility of interstate commerce or common carrier; or
    f) a patron of any public accommodation, including hotels, motels, restaurants, lunchrooms, bars, gas stations, theaters…or any other establishment which serves the public and which is principally engaged in selling food or beverages for consumption on the premises.
    3) Prohibits interference by force or threat of force against any person because he/she is or has been, or in order to intimidate such person or any other person or class of persons from participating or affording others the opportunity or protection to so participate, or lawfully aiding or encouraging other persons to participate in any of the benefits or activities listed in items (1) and (2), above without discrimination as to race, color, religion, or national origin.
    Punishment varies from a fine or imprisonment of up to one year, or both, and if bodily injury results or if such acts include the use, attempted use, or threatened use of a dangerous weapon, explosives, or fire shall be fined or imprisoned up to ten years or both, and if death results or if such acts include kidnapping or an attempt to kidnap, aggravated sexual abuse or an attempt to commit aggravated sexual abuse, or an attempt to kill, shall be subject to imprisonment for any term of years or for life or may be sentenced to death.

Stephen Wilson
    Participant

Will Illinois Be the First State to Go Bankrupt?

Posted on October 20, 2015 by Martin
    Armstrong

The state of Illinois is in real trouble. The state employees have been bleeding the state dry and are demanding that they raise taxes so they can get theirs. This is the poster state for government employees expropriating private assets. Illinois must pay $560 million in November and they have said they will have to delay the payment to its pension funds. They will also delay payments due in December. We are on the verge of watching state bankruptcy. Once Illinois goes, others will follow to escape pension payments to former state employees.

David Ingraham
    Participant

There is only one way to stop this rape of the tax payers, to have an initiative preventing such charges. That there will not be any charges for miles driven, nor any other scheme by the state based on milage traveled.

Stephen Wilson
    Participant

Taxing Per Mile Driven

I have warned that states are desperate for money. Now, they are preparing to impose a tax on each mile driven. Oregon now wants to install a GPS “Mileage Tracking Device” in every car. They will also use the global warming scam to justify this tax as if this will have any effect upon altering the climate. It is just an excuse to justify more taxation. You will pay tax on the gasoline and then pay an additional tax per mile. A new double taxation. Eventually, all states will follow this lead.

Dick Davis
    Participant

Taxing Per Mile….doesn’t sound like a great idea to me….all that paperwork, but here’s the info: Getting to OReGO
    Diminishing fuel tax returns led Oregon decision-makers back to the drawing board to create a fair, reliable source of revenue to fund transportation projects for all Oregonians. The result is OReGO. Here are the details:

OReGO volunteers will pay a road usage charge for the amount of miles they drive, instead of the fuel tax.
    The OReGO road usage charge is set at 1.5 cents per mile.
    Volunteers will get a credit on their bill to offset the fuel tax they pay at the pump.
    Volunteers will have their choice of secure mileage reporting options offered by OReGO’s private-sector partners.
    Volunteers’ personal information will be kept secure and private.
    The first phase of OReGO is limited to 5,000 cars and light-duty commercial vehicles.

Allen D Hall
    Participant

For anyone that wants to attend, there is a Miners meeting at the Stonehouse in Nevada City, starts at 5pm. There will be discorses given on the state of the dredging lawsuits, and everyone is invited to bring equipment for sale if you have some. Big Al

Allen D Hall
    Participant

Hi Mike, thanks for the information. I am trying to figure out what the 2300 feet of drift that the Forest Service has closed off to us at the Roye – Sum is worth at a ballpark figure. Big Al

Michael Miller
    Participant

There are numerous conditions affecting any mining. For an average four foot round of drift, the following foot cost is an estimate. It may be greater but is unlikely to be less. Included are: labor for two miners (one a lead miner), explosives, track material, utility supplies, utilities and misc. supplies, equipment sinking fund for broken and repairs, and outside power. There is no dollar allowance for supervision. The per-foot cost is $410.

Now, the location of the heading is critical. How far is the travel to dispose of waste? What are the outside conditions? Where are the supplies and equipment coming from? How far does the crew travel to the mine site and then to the heading? All these influence the cost. I assumed the heading is close to the portal. Also I did not figure ventilation, if required. If ventilation is required the cost will increase substantially.

Mining is not a casual hobby. It is a dangerous and tough business. Crews, like ours, are professional underground gold miners, some of the best in the country. Mike

Allen D Hall
    Participant

Hi Mike, regarding the thieves, hanging is to good for them, take them down in the mine to water level, and barricade them in with no light for a few days. might change thier perspective on life. I have a question for you, as I need to know what a 5 by 7 drift costs in todays money per foot to construct complete with rail. It is for Gene’s and my lawsuit against the Forest Service. Thanks, Big Al and Gene

Stephen Wilson
    Participant

“Property taxes are undemocratic” -Martin Armstrong

More of his thoughts

We do not own our homes; you cannot retire, even after paying off your mortgage, since you still have to pay property taxes. If you do not pay your property taxes, they take your house and throw you out on the street. Property taxes are the most UNDEMOCRATIC tax we have and are a remnant of a totalitarian state. Today, government workers demand funding for their pensions through exploitation of the people.

Government should privatize to eliminate pensions. We have to face the fact: politicians will never efficiently manage anything; they are hopeless. Government departments should privatize simply for real management, and then we would not have this crisis of unfunded pensions that are bankrupting the states. No state is capable of simple fiscal management because they are not competitive. Instead, they abuse their power of taxation to fill in gaps of mismanagement. Taxes clearly alter our lives and it is never for the better at the end of the day.

Hans Kummerow
    Participant

a strange smell is back in the air in Europe. It is the taste of a major war in Eastern Europe.

Michael Miller
    Participant

Our mine site was burglarized over the Memorial weekend. We lost about $5,000 in tools and equipment. Our operation was hurt without these tools until I could replace them.

For me a burglary is a personnel attack, especially when some guys steal the tools needed to do your work. It reminded me about days gone by. Growing up I wondered why the cowboys or locals hung a horse thief. A horse 150 years ago could mean life or death to its owners.

Years later on I realized that if some butt head steals your horse, it is grounds to hang him. I feel the same about stealing a man’s tools. Your life depends on them.

I am installing a very sophisticated security system. It costs a bunch. It provides information in real time and monitored in real time.

Interestingly, these two thieves turned our electrical power off at the meter. It won’t work if there is a next-time trespassers enter our properties. So (and I know that someone reading this FORUM knows these burglar pricks) trespass again on our mining properties and we will hang you.

Michael Miller
    Participant

Nine miners who were trapped underground in northwestern Quebec have been rescued and are not injured. Mine manager Sylvain Lehoux said that after being trapped for nearly 18 hours, the evacuated miners were exhausted but were able to talk to family members. They were rescued by a tunnelling machine at the Iamgold mine in Preissac in the Abitibi-Temiscamingue region. The miners were trapped after a wall moved because of seismic activity in the area.

Lehoux says the section where the incident happened may not reopen, and a survey will need to be done with consultants and engineers to determine whether the area is safe.

The miners were in good spirits but added they were hungry. One miner was freed earlier in the day and the other eight Tuesday night. The company suspended operations for the day amid the rescue attempts.
    It is the second such incident at the mine in four months. In January several miners were also caught in an area not far from the location of Tuesday’s wall collapse. The area is located on what he describes as the Cadillac fault and any movement can definitely cause an earthquake.

IAMGOLD only started commercial production at the mine in July 2014.

cody washburn
    Participant

Thoughts and prayers with the 9 IAMGOLD miners currently trapped in Quebec.

Fred Cain
    Participant

As for this being the worst drought in history, I, too, have wondered is that. Has there been less rain than in any other four-year period or is it simply because the demands for water are so much greater?

There are more people living in the state today than ever before. There might even be more acres under cultivation than ever before (not sure about that one, though) but the point is demand for water is extremely high then when it doesn’t rain or, more accurately, doesn’t rain enough…..

Part of the reason I started this thread was because I was wondering, with all the paranoia about running out of water, could this be a politically expedient time to completely dewater the mine?

I’d just LOVE to see those deepest levels dewatered and the ground penetrating radar equipment taken down there.

It would be neat to see a couple of big, high-horsepower pumps hooked up to 9″ pipes and tell the farmers downstream, “Comin’ at ya!”

FMC

Stephen Wilson
    Participant

In the article written by Egan he states that California’s economy is robust and won’t collapse. Well, I guess we’ll just have to see as Martin Armstrong’s computer, Socrates, confirms that the business cycle turns down October 1st and that’s not too far away. I suspect Tim is just blowing hot ail.

David Ingraham
    Participant

Wow, What allot of hyperboil. Back in the 80’s California went thru a 7 year drought.
    The agriculture production from California is not the greatest money maker, but it does provide a great deal of the nations food. Some thing that we all need. A good thing has happened in congress, when they passed the water bill. In that bill is a stop order for tearing down federal dams. Which was slated to happen along the Klamath River. I hope it has direction to build more dams, and reservoirs. in the Sierras. Nevada County is planning to build a new reservoir. There is also a desalination plant being built in San Diego after the design that is used in Israel, by the Israeli contractors. We are a smart people here in California and we will fix the problem as long as we can kick a nuckle draging environmentalist out of the way.

Fred Cain
    Participant

Group,

I know where they could find a little bit of extra water – if only they’d look in the right place. 🙂

(You need to “copy and paste” that to your browser ’cause our URL’s don’t “highlight” for some reason)

ANGELS CAMP, Calif. — IN a normal year, no one in California looks twice at a neighbor’s lawn, that mane of bluegrass thriving in a sun-blasted desert. Or casts a scornful gaze at a fresh-planted almond grove, saplings that now stand accused of future water crimes. Or wonders why your car is conspicuously clean, or whether a fish deserves to live when a cherry tree will die.

Of course, there is nothing normal about the fourth year of the great drought: According to climate scientists, it may be the worst arid spell in 1,200 years. For all the fields that will go fallow, all the forests that will catch fire, all the wells that will come up dry, the lasting impact of this drought for the ages will be remembered, in the most exported term of California start-ups, as a disrupter.

“We are embarked upon an experiment that no one has ever tried,” said Gov. Jerry Brown in early April, in ordering the first mandatory statewide water rationing for cities.

Surprising, perhaps even disappointing to those with schadenfreude for the nearly 39 million people living in year-round sunshine, California will survive. It’s not going to blow away. The economy, now on a robust rebound, is not going to collapse. There won’t be a Tom Joad load of S.U.V.s headed north. Rains, and snow to the high Sierra, will eventually return.

But California, from this drought onward, will be a state transformed. The Dust Bowl of the 1930s was human-caused, after the grasslands of the Great Plains were ripped up, and the land thrown to the wind. It never fully recovered. The California drought of today is mostly nature’s hand, diminishing an Eden created by man. The Golden State may recover, but it won’t be the same place.

Looking to the future, there is also the grim prospect that this dry spell is only the start of a “megadrought,” made worse by climate change. California has only about one year of water supply left in its reservoirs. What if the endless days without rain become endless years?

In the cities of a changed California, brown is the new green. A residential lawn anywhere south of, say, Sacramento, is already considered an indulgence. “If the only person walking on your lawn is the person mowing it,” said Felicia Marcus, chairwoman of the State Water Resources Control Board, then maybe it should be taken out. The state wants people to convert lawns to drought-tolerant landscaping, or fake grass.

Timothy Egan

The environment, the American West and politics.

The Plutocrat Primary APR 24

The Boat to Lift All Tides APR 17

Remains From Lincoln’s Last Day APR 10

The Conscience of a Corporation APR 3

Traitors to Their Class MAR 20

See More »

Artificial lakes filled with Sierra snowmelt will become baked-mud valleys, surrounded by ugly bathtub rings. Some rivers will dry completely — at least until a normal rain year. A few days ago, there was a bare trickle from the Napa, near the town of St. Helena, flowing through some of the most valuable vineyards on the planet. The state’s massive plumbing system, one of the biggest in the world, needs adequate snow in order to serve farmers in the Central Valley and techies in Silicon Valley. This year, California set a record low Sierra snowpack in April — 5 percent of normal — following the driest winter since records have been kept.

Photo

A redundant sign in a fallow field in Los Banos, Calif. Credit Ken Light/Contact Press Images, for The New York Times

Continue reading the main story

To Californians stunned by their bare mountains, there was no more absurd moment in public life recently than when James Inhofe, the Republican senator from Oklahoma who is chairman of the environment and public works committee, held up a snowball in February as evidence of America’s hydraulic bounty in the age of climate change.

You can see the result of endless weeks of cloudless skies in New Melones Lake, here in Calaveras County in the foothills east of the Central Valley, where Mark Twain made a legend of a jumping frog. The state’s fourth largest reservoir, holding water for farmers, and for fish downstream, is barely 20 percent full. It could be completely drained by summer’s end.

It’s a sad sight — a warming puddle, where the Stanislaus River once ran through it. At full capacity, with normal rainfall, New Melones should have enough water for nearly two million households for a year.

Even worse is the Lake McClure reservoir, impounding the spectral remains of the Merced River as it flows out of Yosemite National Park. It’s at 10 percent of capacity. In a normal spring, the reservoir holds more than 600,000 acre-feet of water. As April came to a close, it was at 104,000 acre-feet — with almost no snowmelt on the way. (The measurement is one acre filled to a depth of a foot, or 325,851 gallons.) That’s the surface disruption in a state that may soon be unrecognizable in places.

The morality tale behind California’s verdant prosperity will most certainly change. In the old narrative, the evil city took water from powerless farmers. Swimming pools in greater Los Angeles were filled with liquid that could have kept orchards alive in the Owens Valley, to the north.

It was hubris, born in the words of the city’s chief water engineer, William Mulholland, when he opened the gates of the Los Angeles Aqueduct in 1913 with an immortal proclamation: “There it is. Take it.”

But now, just about everyone in California knows that it requires a gallon of water to grow a single almond, or that agriculture accounts for 80 percent of the water used by humans here. Meanwhile, the cities have become leaders in conservation. It takes 106 gallons of water to produce an ounce of beef — which is more than the average San Francisco Bay Area resident uses in a day. Mayor Eric Garcetti of Los Angeles wants to reduce the amount of water the city purchases by 50 percent in the next decade, cutting back through aggressive use of wastewater and conservation.

It’s outlandish, urban critics note, for big farm units to be growing alfalfa — which consumes about 20 percent of the state’s irrigation water — or raising cattle, in a place with a third of the rainfall of other states. And by exporting that alfalfa and other thirsty crops overseas, the state is essentially shipping its precious water to China.

Still, casting California farmers — who produce about half of the nation’s fruits, nuts and vegetables — as crony capitalist water gluttons may not be entirely fair. Yes, the water is subsidized, through taxpayer-funded dams, canals and pumping systems. But that water, in some cases, ends up as habitat for birds and wildlife. As it drains away, it can recharge badly depleted underground aquifers. Farmers have already let more than 400,000 acres go fallow and took a $2 billion hit last year. They may add 600,000 acres to that total this year. Almonds, after all, are a healthy food source.

Advertisement

Continue reading the main story

The new morality tale becomes further muddled when you consider that San Francisco, praised for its penurious water ways, gets its life-supporting liquid from the Hetch Hetchy dam, in Yosemite. Many people, dating from the sainted John Muir, believe that flooding that mountain valley was one of the bigger crimes against nature in California history.

And not every city is Spartan with its water. On any given day you can find, as I did in a new housing development in the foothills east of Sacramento, water running down the street — at a flow rate that looked bigger than that coming from the anemic Merced River. It was pouring onto a grass median strip, and then spilling over, in a development called the Estates at Blackstone.

Or consider that wealthy communities — say, Portola Valley, woodsy home to many an environmentally conscious tech multimillionaire — use far more water per capita than do the poor of Compton, in the Los Angeles area. When cost is no object, there is very little incentive to cut back.

But there is no getting around the fact that agriculture, for all its water needs, still produces barely 2 percent of the state’s gross product, and employs only about 3 percent of its workers.

Fred Cain
    Participant

C.W.,

Didn’t most of this actually happen last year? I seem to remember finding a press release from Sutter last year stating that the development of this mine was “put on hold” pending the new $1.2 million investment that they can’t seem to find.

Regards,
    Fred M. Cain

cody washburn
    Participant

I was perusing some news and noticed another smaller-scale miner (Sutter Gold) in California recently ran into some serious problems:

Sutter Gold Mining Inc. yesterday announced plans to put its California-based Lincoln mine project on care and maintenance. Though the mill has processed about 1,000 tons of stockpiled material, it ultimately failed to get through all the material due to “weakness in the design and installation of the plant thickener.” Milling operations were suspended at the end of February due to the “inability to dewater tailings.” To correct those and other issues, the company requires an estimated additional investment of $1.1 to $1.2 million.

If I remember correctly, Sutter Gold mines in Amador county, and was bankrolled by an Aussie company/investor.

“I guess id it was easy, everyone would be doing it”

Stephen Wilson
    Participant
    judy ellis
    Participant

Like your website, good stuff especially for keeping up with local mining info.
    I am a local (Nevada City) Bullion treader and buyer. I buy from the locals with nuggets, buttons and fines. I refer people to your site from http://www.GoldCountryMine.com My current site does link to yours and I will continue to do so from my refurbished site hoping to finish in about a month.

Stephen Wilson
    Participant

From Martin Armstrong:

Bureaucrats have Been Corrupt Since the Start

The greatest problem with government is how it consumes capital until it kills the private sector. This has been the course of every government – power corrupts universally. The bureaucracy has also gamed the private sector for personal gain. They currently are exploiting of the people through Civil Asset Forfeiture which is reminiscent of the Roman legions who just began to sack their own cities to pay themselves.

Pictured above are “Fouree Denarii” or Claudius (41-54AD) a member of the Julio-Claudian line just prior to Nero. These are genuine coin dies struck on copper planchets silver plated. The people inside the mint were pocketing the real coins and producing a small quantity of debased coins illegally. This demonstrates that corruption within Rome was systemic and it kept growing. This is like the missing $2 trillion from the Pentagon budget that Rumsfeld promised would be investigated 1 day before 911 attack where the missile or whatever struck the only room in the Pentagon where the evidence was stored. What amazing coincidence.

Stephen Wilson
    Participant

Squeeze The People

Feinstein to pocket $1 Billion Personally
    Posted on January 18, 2015 by Martin Armstrong
    Feinstein Dianne
    Martin Armstrong

Sen. Dianne Feinstein is expected to pocket $1 billion from the Post Office for her family. These people are beyond greedy and they have the audacity to always blame the rich. Just amazing. Maybe the Greek cab drivers are right. Just where the hell do we start when corruption is everywhere?

Rick Montgomery
    Participant

It’s been a while since I’ve chimed in, but all’s well I trust! Survival rules…nice job! Yes, I’m above ground and the gold is underground, and someday we’ll meet in another setting, but not now. Time is tic-toc-tic-toc, but our spirit lives!

Stephen Wilson
    Participant

Gold Districts of California
    Bulletin 193 California Division of Mines and Geology 1976

A considerable number of rich, small ore pockets or pocket shoots have been developed in mines in some lode-gold districts. Many of these pocket shoots were in districts commonly referred to as “high-grade” belts. The richest and most famous in California is the Alleghany district in Sierra County. Much of the output of this district has been from small but rich pockets.

Other noted high-grade districts are the Sonora, West Point, Soulsbyville, Kinsley, Whitlock, Spanish Flat, and Kelsey-Garden Valley districts. A number of other lode-gold districts, such as the Grass Valley, Nevada City, Sierra City, French Gulch, Cargo Muchacho, Bodie and several Mother Lode districts, have yielded appreciable amounts of high-grade ore.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 1,030 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.